Tuesday, May 13, 2008

I quit Facebook

Yesterday I did something that I thought might have been a mistake: I took Angry Lecturer off my Facebook profile. I panicked for a while, sent him an sms to notify of the 'change' and then panicked some more. "What if this is a mistake?", I thought. "What if he mistakes my motives?", I wondered. "Perhaps I should send him an explanatory email", I figured at last.

So I did. And received absolutely no response. Of course, what was I thinking?

But then I did something that I still admire: I quit facebook. Well, I quit my 'real' facebook profile. The Michelle Hooper profile is still up. So if you ever feel you want to add me, go ahead.

It's been less than two hours sans Facebook, and I can't say that I miss it. Sure, it'll be strange not logging into it anymore, but Facebook has only given me headaches. Especially in regards to Angry Lecturer. We had many spates because of Facebook: the pictures episode; the wall episode;and the supposedly kinky gifts episode.

So yes, I will miss it, but not today. I'm too relieved. Besides, I can always re-activate my account when I feel like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment